[Openstack] 500 - Internal Server Error when using Volumes in Dashboard (Centos 6.3)

Vishvananda Ishaya vishvananda at gmail.com
Mon Dec 10 21:46:43 UTC 2012

The recommended way is to run cinder. The config that you showed before was not running osapi_volume as one of your enabled apis.

Prior to folsom the way was to enable osapi_volume or run nova-api-volume. The worker that processes commands is called nova-volume (similar to nova-compute on the compute side). In cinder these are cinder-api and cinder-volume.

FYI, you don't need volumes working to use nova. It is for attachable block storage devices (similar to ebs).

I hope that helps.

Vish