[Openstack] A confuse about the FlatDHCP network

Lei Zhang zhang.lei.fly at gmail.com
Wed Dec 5 09:53:56 UTC 2012

Hi all,

I am reading the
http://docs.openstack.org/trunk/openstack-compute/admin/content/libvirt-flat-dhcp-networking.html,
I got the following deploy architecture. But there are several that I am
confused.

   - How and why 192.168.0.0/24 ip range exist? It is necessary or not? The
   eth1 on the each physical machine own two ip(10.0.0.0/24 and
   192.168.0.0/24)? Is that possible? In the nova-compute, the eth1 should
   be bridged by br100. the eth1 should not own any IP address, right?
   - In a better way, should we separate the nova-network/eth0 to the
   internet public switch for access the internet by all VMs. and the
   nova-compute/eth0 should be bind to a internal switch for admin access use.
   Is it right?

 --
Lei Zhang

Blog: http://jeffrey4l.github.com