[Openstack] Is It Safe to Use The OpenStack Packages Distributed in Ubuntu 12.04 Official Repository?

Ji Zhang zhangji87 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 19 12:20:18 UTC 2012

Hi,

I'm to deploy OpenStack Essex in production environment. According to
the official manual, I should either install it manually or use
dodai-deploy. After briefly browsing these methods, it seems that both
of them are using the packages distributed in official repository
(i.e. apt-get install keystone), not building from source like
DevStack does.

So my question is, as is said in the title, are these packages
production ready? Or should I checkout the stable/essex branch of each
project and build it by myself?

Thanks.