[Openstack] keystone initialization problem

Xin Zhao xzhao at bnl.gov
Fri Aug 17 20:26:31 UTC 2012

Hello,

I newly install keystone on the RHEL6 machine, but it is not working.
The following command fails:

$ keystone --token <admin_token string from keystone.conf> --endpoint
http://<internet_ip of the controller node>:35357/v2.0 tenant-create
--name openstackDemo --description "Default Tenant" --enabled true

Unable to communicate with identity service: (403, 'Forbidden'). (HTTP 400)

There is no relevant log in the keystone.log file.

Here is the instruction I follow:
http://docs.openstack.org/essex/openstack-compute/install/yum/content/setting-up-tenants-users-and-roles.html

This is done on the controller node itself. I can telnet to <internet_ip
of the controller node>:35357. I can also
log into mysql DB as keystone user, although there is no <admin_token>
entry in any of the keystone tables.

Any idea what is going wrong here?

Thanks,
Xin