[Openstack] Help with meta-data

Anne Gentle anne at openstack.org
Wed Aug 15 21:55:48 UTC 2012

Hi Eugene -
But I thought "everyone" was on the openstack list! :) Thanks for following up.

On Wed, Aug 15, 2012 at 4:35 PM, Eugene Kirpichov <ekirpichov at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Anne,
>
> I accidentally found this email of yours while looking for links to my post.
> I'd probably have found it earlier if you cc'd me on
> ekirpichov at gmail.com or ekirpichev at mirantis.com [yes, that's two
> different spellings...] :)
>
> I support the idea that this should be somehow integrated in the docs,
> but I'm not sure where exactly in the docs is a good place for
> information of this style. Would it help if I just linked to the posts
> from some wiki page or from the docs?

I do like to put relevant blog posts on the wiki at
http://wiki.openstack.org/BloggersTips, so you can certainly add to
that page. If it's really missing information in the docs, though, it
should be added to the docs. I know that's a tough judgement call but
we all have to encourage that call.

Or would it only help if I (or
> somebody) actually merged the relevant parts of the posts into
> official documentation?

I wouldn't say "only help" but I prefer that you merge the relevant
parts of the posts. It's tougher for a doc team member to merge only
parts in without violating the license of the content - you as content
owner can certainly choose which parts to move into the official
documentation though.

Thanks for asking for clarifications - these are certainly gray areas
that I'd like to shine light upon.
Anne