[Openstack] Qcow2 Details on base images

Vishvananda Ishaya vishvananda at gmail.com
Fri Aug 3 17:02:08 UTC 2012

Hi Gaurab,

Openstack is not a hypervisor, it is a management layer that sits on top of a hypervisor. Management of the guest filesystem and memory is all done by an underlying hypervisor, Generally KVM or Xen. KVM is essentially kernel module extensions for QEMU (which is a software emulator). I hope this is helpful.

Vish