[Openstack] Angry People and OpenStack

Stefano Maffulli stefano at openstack.org
Thu Aug 2 15:54:37 UTC 2012

On Thu 02 Aug 2012 07:19:28 AM PDT, George Reese wrote:
>  ignore the fact that OpenStack governance has  a huge
> trust problem,

I don't think this is true: It's true that some people don't trust
OpenStack governance, not that the governance is broken.  The bylaws
have been discussed for months, the governance model is based on the
processes and principles that have brought OpenStack where it is today.
We can't stop every time to address  theoretical concerns expressed by
people that fundamentally don't trust us (and they don't have to).

> that the product has stability and compatibility issues.

Like all products out there: nobody is perfect.

> Attack me for criticizing OpenStack when on a daily basis I am doing a
> lot of work to get into real world deployments.

you've been criticised for your questionable choice of words not for
the content of your criticism.

While you probably ended up in somebody's killfile, your contributions
are still appreciated by many because you *do* real things with
OpenStack (differently from others that just like to *talk* about
OpenStack).

Let's stick to making a great product and have fun meanwhile: this is
an exciting time. OpenStack Foundation is being born, well funded,
supported by a wide spectrum of companies and lots of people. The
future is bright.

/stef