[Openstack] swift indexation

Frederik Van Hecke frederik at cluttr.be
Mon Apr 30 20:13:49 UTC 2012

Hi Khabou,

There are several interpretations to your question..

If you want to query the exact different physical locations of a file, you
can query the ring as follows.

*# find the account id for a given account
> #
> # $password  =  the general swift admin pass
> # $account  =  the account to which the file you're looking for belongs
> # (and change the host / port / protocol to match your setup)*

*swauth-list -A http://localhost:8080/auth/ -K $password $account*

*# Find location of files for a given object
> #
> # $id  =  the id retrieved through the command above
> # $container  =  the container in which the file resides
> # $file  =  the name of the file*

*swift-get-nodes /etc/swift/object.ring.gz $id $container $file*

*
*
*
*
This will tell you were the file matching the "/account/container/file"
path you provided will reside (giving both the primary + hand-off
locations).

It will do so regardless of whether that path (and thus file) actually
exists, since as soon as you have build the ring that information is static
/ known for every possible combination of
that "/account/container/file" path. (that may change if the ring gets
rebuild)

If this is not the answer to your question, please elaborate a little more
on what you want to achieve exactly.

Kind regards,
Frederik Van Hecke

*T:*  +32487733713
*E:*  frederik at cluttr.be
*W:* www.cluttr.be

*This e-mail and any attachments thereto may contain information which
is confidential and/or protected by intellectual property rights and
are intended for the sole use of the recipient(s)named above. Any use
of the information contained herein (including, but not limited to,
total or partial reproduction, communication or distribution in any
form) by persons other than the designated recipient(s) is prohibited.
either by telephone or by e-mail and delete the material from any
computer. Thank you for your cooperation.*