[Openstack] Quantum deployment on Essex

Dan Wendlandt dan at nicira.com
Sat Apr 28 17:26:44 UTC 2012

On Sat, Apr 28, 2012 at 12:18 AM, livemoon <mwjpiero at gmail.com> wrote:

> hi, Dan
>
> I install openvswitch and quantum according this two docs. Now I have met
> some problems.
>
> 1.  Using "python ovs_quantum_agent.py ovs_quantum_plugin.ini -v"
> DEBUG:root:## running command: sudo ovs-ofctl del-flows br-int
> DEBUG:root:## running command: sudo ovs-ofctl add-flow br-int
> priority=1,actions=normal
> INFO:root:Connecting to database "ovs_quantum" on localhost
> DEBUG:root:## running command: sudo ovs-vsctl --timeout=2 list-ports br-int
> DEBUG:root:## running command: sudo ovs-vsctl --timeout=2 get Interface
> eth1 external_ids
> DEBUG:root:## running command: sudo ovs-vsctl --timeout=2 get Interface
> eth1 ofport
> DEBUG:root:## running command: sudo ovs-vsctl --timeout=2 list-ports br-int
> DEBUG:root:## running command: sudo ovs-vsctl --timeout=2 get Interface
> eth1 external_ids
> DEBUG:root:## running command: sudo ovs-vsctl --timeout=2 get Interface
> eth1 ofport
> DEBUG:root:## running command: sudo ovs-vsctl --timeout=2 list-ports br-int
> DEBUG:root:## running command: sudo ovs-vsctl --timeout=2 get Interface
> eth1 external_ids
> DEBUG:root:## running command: sudo ovs-vsctl --timeout=2 get Interface
> eth1 ofport
>
> thess debug show again and again, is it right?

Yes.  The system should probably not default to DEBUG, as that is very
verbose.

> 2.  this is my ova-vsctl show:
> 3f474726-21fc-40a4-b7b8-f438fcfe2c3e
>     Bridge br-int
>         Port "eth1"
>             Interface "eth1"
>         Port br-int
>             Interface br-int
>                 type: internal
>
> is it right?

by ova-vsclt, I assume you mean "ovs-vsctl"?  If so, this looks reasonable,
assuming you haven't actually spun up any VMs (once you do, you should see
additional ports listed, each starting with "tap".

> 3. Then I use "nova-manage network create" to create network,
> but the database "ova_quantum" is empty, I have defined it
> in ovs_quantum_plugin.ini

Running 'quantum-server' with the OVS plugin enabled (described here:
http://openvswitch.org/openstack/documentation/) will automatically create
the appropriate tables.  The table is "ovs_quantum", not "ova_quantum"...
perhaps that could be the cause if you are seeing issues?

dan

--
Dan Wendlandt