[Openstack] [OpenStack][Nova] Minimum required code coverage per file

Kevin L. Mitchell kevin.mitchell at rackspace.com
Fri Apr 27 01:19:13 UTC 2012

On Thu, 2012-04-26 at 11:53 -0700, Joe Gordon wrote:
> It would nice to initially see the code coverage delta per merge
> proposal as a comment in gerrit (similar to SmokeStack), and not as a
> gating factor.

+1

> Kevin,  should we start copying openstack-common tests to client
> projects?  Or just make sure to not count openstack-common code in the
> code coverage numbers for client projects?

That's a tough one.  If we copy in the tests, they end up being somewhat
redundant, but slow down the project unit tests, but on the other hand,
we'd be able to easily demonstrate that that code works properly.  I
think I'd prefer if we just try to not count openstack-common code for
code coverage numbers…

(Personally, I would prefer if openstack-common was a library, rather
than copying its code into the client project, but I am not familiar
with the arguments for why it was decided to do the copy, and I'm not
really involved in openstack-common development at the moment…)
--
Kevin L. Mitchell <kevin.mitchell at rackspace.com>