[Openstack] Quantum Integration Part 3

Dan Wendlandt dan at nicira.com
Wed Apr 25 17:54:33 UTC 2012

Hi Emilien,

On Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 9:13 AM, Emilien Macchi <emilien.openstack at gmail.com
> wrote:
>

> For example, Quantum does not work with Keystone : When nova-network send
> an API call to Quantum-server, the token is missing in the HTTP HEADER.
> I've disabled Keystone at this time.

That is correct.  In the Quantum Admin Guide, it explains some work that
was done to support Keystone Authn, but notes that this is all
experimental, as the Quantum API does not support Authz.  This is because
the only person that calls Quantum in Essex is Nova itself.  Troy Toman's
team is working on Quantum Authz for Folsom, so the API can be exposed
directly to tenants.

> *- What is working at this time :*
>
>     - Quantum-Server with MySQL
>     - Quantum-Agent (with OVS) on each nova-compute node
>     - OVS bridge with eth1
>     -  nova-network seems working with Quantum
>
> *- What is not working (yet !) :*
>
>     - When I create an instance (from dashboard or with Nova CLI), the
> network is created with Quantum, an private IP is attributed to the
> instance, but when I check the instance log file, the network interface
> doesn't get an IP adress. Here the log :
> http://paste.openstack.org/show/13821

Are you able to access the VM via VNC?  If you statically configure the IP
does it work?  What happens if you run dhcpc manually?

I would look in the nova-network logs and see if you see an errors related
to DHCP.

>     - Horizon with Quantum : I can't integrate Quantum in the dashboard
> even with
> http://docs.openstack.org/trunk/openstack-compute/admin/content/build-and-configure-openstack-dashboard.html

Essex Horizon does not support Quantum.  Its actually not just a Horizon
thing, it has to do with how the Nova + Quantum integration works.  Each
Quantum network has to be associated with appropriate IPAM subnet, meaning
the existing .  For now, you need to create networks using nova-manage.  If
you want VMs to get the default set of NICs, you can then boot them with
Horizon.  If you want to specify what networks vNICs are plugged into, this
is only supported via the nova boot command with the --nic option.  I'll
flush this out in more detail in the Quantum Admin Guide.

Dan

--
Dan Wendlandt