[Openstack] OpenStack and routing configuration

Narayan Desai narayan.desai at gmail.com
Fri Apr 20 13:40:04 UTC 2012

We needed to setup something similar when we split out the
nova-network service to a different host than nova-api in cactus, so
that instances could get to the metadata service. It was pretty simple
to make quagga work, but then we needed to add a rule to bypass NAT.
Since this was just for the metadata service, it was a tightly scoped
rule, but in your case, you'll probably want something that covers
your whole intranet. You'll probably still want NAT for internet bound
traffic.
 -nld