[Openstack] Multiple nova-networks with QuantumManager (Was : Role of "nova-manage network" commands when using QuantumManager)

Vaze, Mandar Mandar.Vaze at nttdata.com
Fri Apr 13 12:34:25 UTC 2012

Dan,

On similar lines - Currently if nova-network processes are running on two nodes, only way to set specific network on specific nova-network node is to execute "nova-manage network create" on respective nova-network node. Is that correct ?

How is the above setup  related to "multi-host" ? I found a code comment that "Quantum Manager doesn't support multi-host"

I'm copying Vish, as he seems to be expert on multi-host - Reading  http://docs.openstack.org/trunk/openstack-compute/admin/content/existing-ha-networking-options.html , it looks like above is Option 2/Multi-Nic, but not really sure)  If yes, how is multi-nic supported by Quantum ?

Additionally - in the above document Vish suggested that each nova-compute must run nova-network - Is that why with QuantumManager - nova-manage executes networking commands like iptables, dnsmasq locally ?

Thanks !!
-Mandar