[Openstack] Metadata and File Injection (code summit session?)

Justin Santa Barbara justin at fathomdb.com
Tue Apr 10 17:11:16 UTC 2012

I think config drive is "injection done right"; it doesn't need to figure
out a partition because it creates its own.

Config drive + the init script I've contributed is rock-solid for me.  No
metadata service to go slow or need special configuration, no DHCP problems
etc.

If there's a proliferation of options, we should identify the important use
cases and make sure that we have a good approach for each of them.  Config
drive is very under-utilized, in my opinion.

Justin