[Openstack] OpenStack immaturity

Saurabh saurabh at safewlabs.com
Fri Apr 6 10:59:31 UTC 2012

Hey Guys

One of the user stories from my company. We are an SME and our customers
are SMEs too. We are working on releasing documents in detail as well as
discussing with the customers, for releasing the entire customizations to
the community. We are working on releasing all these in the form of a
cookbook. We want to all to benefit from our experience as giving back to
the community is a strong part of the open source ecosystem.

If people call OpenStack immature they should learn it's a community built
product, if they feel it lacks in some way they should report to the
community or feel free to fix stuff themselves :) .

Stop worrying about gartner, if you feel it's something that can be
improved , improve it and give it back.

Cheers

On Fri, Apr 6, 2012 at 3:17 PM, Michaël Van de Borne <
michael.vandeborne at cetic.be> wrote:

>  I'm about to install OpenStack for a customer in a few days. It's an SME
> and their first production cloud would be limited to a few hosts and about
> 60 VMs. Do you feel it'd be worth getting their feedback about deployment
> and usage?
>
> yours,
>
> michaël
>

> Michaël Van de Borne
> R&D Engineer, SOA team, CETIC
> Phone: +32 (0)71 49 07 45 Mobile: +32 (0)472 69 57 16, Skype: mikemowgliwww.cetic.be, rue des Frères Wright, 29/3, B-6041 Charleroi
>

> Le 06/04/12 02:28, Michael March a écrit :
>
> I've been giving this thread some thought and it dawned on my that we need
> to expand this page:
>
>  http://openstack.org/user-stories/
>
>  Pretty much everyone featured on that page are 'big' organizations and
> there really isn't any detail on their experiences of trying to deploy (and
> maintain) Openstack. There's definitely not stories that a mid-range sized
> IT shop could related to.
>
>  This lack of antidotal user experiences I think contributes
> the perceived immaturity of OpenStack.
>

>  --
>
> Michael F. March ----- mmarch at gmail.com
> Ph: (415) 894-9269 ---- Fax: (602)296-0400