[Openstack] Improving meetbot reports

Stefano Maffulli stefano at openstack.org
Fri Sep 30 20:26:59 UTC 2011

On Fri, 2011-09-30 at 09:56 +0200, Thierry Carrez wrote:
> I think it's more efficient to just have everyone use the above commands
> more often.

Indeed. I believe that it's everybody responsibility to add relevant
information to the discussion.

The reason for empowering the participants instead of relying on an
external reporter is that nobody is more knowledgeable about the items
being discussed than the people debating. If I'm saying something
meaningful during the discussion, adding the #info or #idea tag should
be my responsibility. I understand that sometime you don't realize what
you say is important until later: but repeating the line is easy, with
the tag this time.

The main role I see for the moderator is to leave enough time for
everybody to add #info, #idea, #link ecc before switching topic. I know
you already do it: just repeating what I think is a best practice.

/stef