[Openstack] Improving meetbot reports

Stefano Maffulli stefano at openstack.org
Thu Sep 29 22:59:09 UTC 2011

On Wed, 2011-09-28 at 11:06 -0700, Stefano Maffulli wrote:
> I can read the latest ones and see if I spot patterns. Anybody that
> feels strongly for this please do the same and send your analysis to the
> list for further discussion.

I did some reading and I found examples for "Good summaries"
http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/openstack-meeting/2011/openstack-meeting.2011-08-15-20.07.html
http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/openstack-meeting/2011/openstack-meeting.2011-07-11-20.02.html

and summaries that could be improved:
http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/openstack-meeting/2011/openstack-meeting.2011-09-27-21.03.html
http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/openstack-meeting/2011/openstack-meeting.2011-09-20-21.02.html
http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/openstack-meeting/2011/openstack-meeting.2011-09-13-22.02.html

One thing that seems clear is that the #info tag is not always used by
the moderator, resulting in summaries that are way too dry to be
meaningful. Some of the summaries have only a list of topic.

On the other thand when #info is used more often, summaries seem to be
much more intelligible. Do you think that adding a brief #info summary
before changing topic would be a good habit?

/stef