[Openstack] git tag/branch for diablo nova?

Mark McLoughlin markmc at redhat.com
Mon Sep 26 13:58:00 UTC 2011

On Mon, 2011-09-26 at 09:33 +0200, Thierry Carrez wrote:
> Jesse Andrews wrote:
> > Is there / will there be a git tag/branch for diablo in the github.com/openstack/nova repository?
>
> That's a good question... Release tags were only appearing in the
> milestone-proposed branch in Launchpad. I know that the Gerrit/git setup
> now allows for milestone-proposed branch tagging in a way that keeps
> tags when the branch is removed, but I'm not sure if old tags from
> diverging branches in history can be imported easily. Jim Blair probably
> knows.
>
> For reference, here is the nova 2011.3 tag at the moment:
>
> http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~hudson-openstack/nova/milestone-proposed/revision/1201

I've just tried and git-bzr-ng actually does a good job of importing the
branch and tag:

  $> git-bzr import lp:~hudson-openstack/nova/milestone-proposed
  $> git merge-base origin/master bzr/milestone-proposed

This shows that master and the imported milestone-proposed branch
diverge exactly where you'd expect it to.

Then, to push to github:

  $> git push origin milestone-proposed:refs/heads/milestone-proposed
  $> git push origin tag 2011.3

It might be worth pushing some of the other tags too

Cheers,
Mark.