[Openstack] Nova DB Connection Pooling

Vishvananda Ishaya vishvananda at gmail.com
Mon Sep 26 06:30:42 UTC 2011

If our real goal is scaling the api, It seems like we can scale much more easily by simply running more copies of nova-api and load balancing across them.  Then we don't need any background connection pooling magic.  If it really is limited to issues with eventlet then utils.synchronized might solve our problems in the near-term, but we still need the with_lockmode for allocations on multiple machines to work.

It would be great if we could figure out how the system is failing, but I have to admit debugging has been pretty challenging.

Vish