[Openstack] Anyone using multi_host networking with VLANs ?

Vishvananda Ishaya vishvananda at gmail.com
Sat Sep 17 02:07:19 UTC 2011

I have tried it with vlan mode.  It works fine.  Getting the metadata server to work is a little challenging, as it seems that syns that come in via one interface can't be acked through a different interface.  You might have to do some tricky routing to get it to work.  In my last deployment, i just went ahead and added nova-api to all of the compute hosts and set the api ip for metadata forwarding to 169.254.169.254 so metadata was retrieved from the localhost.  This worked fine.

Vish