[Openstack] Images directory not being copied to compute nodes

Rogério Vinhal Nunes rogervn at dcc.ufmg.br
Fri Sep 16 18:02:05 UTC 2011

Hi, I've set up an environment with a cloud controller and two compute nodes
with nova-compute and nova-network.

Following the administrator's guide I've downloaded and published the Ubuntu
10.10 user image, and it appeared correctly in /var/lib/nova/images in the
cloud controller. But, as I try to start instances with run-instances, the
images directory is not correctly copied to the compute nodes, sometimes it
doesn't copy anything, sometimes it copies the disk image and not the
kernel.

If I copy the images directory manually it works fine and the instance is
brought up, but shouldn't it work without any shared fs and no manual
copies?