[Openstack] Essex is open !

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Fri Sep 9 10:19:23 UTC 2011

Hi everyone,

One consequence of the release model we discussed at the last Design
Summit is that we cut release branches a few weeks before we release (at
"ReleaseBranchPoint"), so that trunk is not blocked for too long.

We just passed this ReleaseBranchPoint, so now Nova, Glance and Swift
trunks are effectively accepting Essex features ! No more soft
FeatureFreeze for Nova and Glance, feel free to merge anything :)

Note that bugfixes for Nova and Glance that land in trunk and should be
included in Diablo will need to be backported to the milestone-proposed
branch.

To make it easier for Nova, you should base your bugfix branch out of
rev 1541, which is the last common revision between milestone-proposed
and trunk.

Regards,

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)