[Openstack] A possible alternative to Gerrit ...

Sandy Walsh sandy.walsh at RACKSPACE.COM
Thu Sep 8 12:48:48 UTC 2011

ugh ... this whole conversation has moved into the absurd (and not due to your suggestion Vish :)

I agree with Soren, let's move on to more important issues. I apologize for taking us off course.

-S

From: openstack-bounces+sandy.walsh=rackspace.com at lists.launchpad.net [openstack-bounces+sandy.walsh=rackspace.com at lists.launchpad.net] on behalf of Vishvananda Ishaya [vishvananda at gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, September 08, 2011 9:18 AM
To: Chris Behrens
Cc: openstack at lists.launchpad.net
Subject: Re: [Openstack] A possible alternative to Gerrit ...

On Sep 8, 2011, at 2:27 AM, Chris Behrens wrote:

> I say this for future decisions.  At the moment, Gerrit is what was chosen and I'm just interested in seeing if we can alleviate some of the pain my team is having working with it.

I still believe that we can get the best of all worlds by writing a little connector daemon that will automatically scan pull requests and submit them to gerrit with a change id, update gerrit if the pull request changes, even update them with feedback from the review and close them when they merge.  It might take some doing, but I don't think it is impossible.