[Openstack] A possible alternative to Gerrit ...

Vishvananda Ishaya vishvananda at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 12:18:47 UTC 2011

On Sep 8, 2011, at 2:27 AM, Chris Behrens wrote:

> I say this for future decisions.  At the moment, Gerrit is what was chosen and I'm just interested in seeing if we can alleviate some of the pain my team is having working with it.

I still believe that we can get the best of all worlds by writing a little connector daemon that will automatically scan pull requests and submit them to gerrit with a change id, update gerrit if the pull request changes, even update them with feedback from the review and close them when they merge.  It might take some doing, but I don't think it is impossible.