[Openstack] A possible alternative to Gerrit ...

Johannes Erdfelt johannes at erdfelt.com
Wed Sep 7 17:19:22 UTC 2011

On Wed, Sep 07, 2011, Jay Pipes <jaypipes at gmail.com> wrote:
> The problem is that instead of spending time coding on features and
> bugs for Nova, Glance, Swift and Keystone, a bunch of devs are instead
> spending time working on an alternate solution to what has already
> been decided by the PPB, discussed publicly, and coded on for months
> by my team.

I understand you want people to get code done.

I completely agree, which is why *I'm* frustrated that it took hours to
get Gerrit working and then later ended up having to spend a few more
hours fighting with it after it changed silently.

Tools should be making our lives easier. Github/Gerrit should be easier
than LP/Bazaar, but that isn't the case right now.

I can understand your frustration and hopefully you can understand my
frustration.

Then hopefully we can figure out a way to avoid inflicting frustration
on others that will run into the same problems.

JE