[Openstack] Openstack in China kick-off conference, Tuesday 6th of September 2011

Thomas Goirand thomas at goirand.fr
Wed Sep 7 02:48:54 UTC 2011

Hi,

The conference of yesterday was, according to both attendees, other
speakers and organizers, quite successful. There was around 400
attendees, and the conference room was full, which was better than we
expected. Some attendees even traveled form far away in China just to
attend the conference (I could speak to someone from Guangzhou for example).

We've seen lots of big and smaller companies showing a big interest in
Openstack, and there's good hopes for having many new OpenStack users
(and to a lesser degree, also contributors).

I'd like to publicly thanks all the speakers that came from abroad, and
also thanks Du Yujie from C2SC and Michael from China Telecom for all
their work.

On our organizer debriefing after the conference, we all agreed that we
shall make other events on a schedule basis. I'd be happy to see some
workshops organized as well.

As soon as we have them, we'll put the presentations (PPT / ODP) online
on the www.openstack-china.org website.

Thomas Goirand