[Openstack] Openstack in China kick-off conference, Tuesday 6th of September 2011

Thomas Goirand thomas at goirand.fr
Thu Sep 1 18:31:42 UTC 2011

Hi,

I am the initiator of a conference in Shanghai about OpenStack (well, in
fact, me from GPLHost, and Du Yujie from CS2C). Since I started this
idea last may, talking with John Engates (Rackspace CTO) during the
Beijing CCCC, we had lots of other companies joining the event as
organizers (Intel, China Telecom, etc.) and many co-organizers too.

The one-day event will initiate a new Openstack comunity in China, and
feature the overview of OpenStack for all developers, users, ecosystem
partners, open source enthusiasts, and cloud computing technologists the
first half of the day, followed by a technical research talk in the
afternoon. As an attendee, you should expect to:

- Learn why we initiate COSUG (China OpenStack User Group), what COSUG
will contribute to Chinese enterprises and developers, how COSUG works
in the future and How to get involved in the COSUG as an individual
contributor, user or participating organization.

- Learn the history and vision of OpenStack, and why organizations
across the world are backing the open source cloud platform

- Gain a clear understanding of OpenStack technologies, including a
feature overview and popular use cases
- Hear directly from organizations who are implementing the technology
- Have an opportunity to network with COSUG members.

To discuss this emerging enabling open-source technology, OpenStack
Shanghai Event invites you to join the conference to feature technical
presentation.

See you on the 6th of September 2011 in Shanghai.

For more details about the event (list of topics, list of speakers with
descriptions, companies joining the event, sponsor lists, location,
schedule, etc.), please see this site:

http://www.openstack-china.org/en/event.html

Entrance is for free, but we ask everyone to kindly register here:

http://www.openstack-china.org/en/event-registration.php

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand