[Openstack] ANN: (Unofficial) OpenStack Diablo packages for Ubuntu Oneiric

Kiall Mac Innes kiall at managedit.ie
Tue Oct 25 17:34:28 UTC 2011

See inline.

On Oct 25, 2011 10:24 a.m., "Dave Walker" <DaveWalker at ubuntu.com> wrote:

> Hi Kiall,
>
> This is great news that you are working on resolving Diablo issues on
> Oneiric.
>
> I'd like to question what gave you the impression Ubuntu were not
> working on post-release fixes for Oneiric?

One of the names involved in lots of the Ubuntu cloud packages, and
OpenStack, mentioned it was unlikely Oneiric would see a fully working
stack..

> I think it would be great if you were keen to work on the real archive
> packages, we'd certainly appreciate any additional hands.

I actually tried that first, but became frustrated at bzr and
bzr-builddeb... I ended up switching back to my faithful git and
git-buildpackage!

I was simply more interested in getting the packages working, rather than
learning another sparsely documented tool (I've done that once with
git-buildpkg, and bzr-builddeb seemed to have even less documentation).

> Nova has already had one update, waiting to migrate from the -proposed
> to the -updates pocket:
> https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/oneiric/+source/nova/2011.3-0ubuntu6.1
>
> Keystone sql path fix is now in -proposed, and pending verification
> before moving to updates.
>
> Please do raise bugs for each specific issue that needs to be
> resolved, and myself (or my team) will gladly assist if necessary -
> including sponsoring of uploads.

I'm happy to give bzr and bzr-builddeb another chance, if you can point me
to some documentation ;)