[Openstack] Keystone versioning and tarballs

Dolph Mathews dolph.mathews at RACKSPACE.COM
Mon Oct 24 14:35:23 UTC 2011

We definitely need to publish a tarball for diablo.

I recently refactored/centralized our versioning (we were reporting different versions in different places in the codebase). At the same time, I also set the `keystone.version()` response to 'essex-dev', since we haven't discussed codebase versioning very thoroughly, and it needed to be updated to *something* post-diablo. So, this is certainly open to feedback/suggestions/discussion!

-Dolph
From: Mark McLoughlin [markmc at redhat.com]
Sent: Monday, October 24, 2011 2:03 AM
To: Ziad Sawalha; Dolph Mathews; Thierry Carrez
Cc: openstack at lists.launchpad.net
Subject: Keystone versioning and tarballs

Hey,

I just noticed a few things when reviewing the Fedora packaging of
keystone:

  - There's no diablo release tarball on https://launchpad.net/keystone
    like other projects

  - The 2011.3 tag in git has version=1.0 in setup.py. Which versioning
    scheme is keystone going to follow?

  - The version in master is non-numeric 'essex' rather than e.g.
    2011.3 or 1.1

Thanks,
Mark.

This email may include confidential information. If you received it in error, please delete it.