[Openstack] Metrics around code

Rohit Karajgi rohit.karajgi at vertex.co.in
Wed Oct 19 11:30:26 UTC 2011

I agree with the HTML report, and this report can be published onto OpenStack Jenkins for world readability. We have some similar metrics for bugs. The following metrics can be easily pulled from Launchpad's bug database using the python-launchpadlib api.

1. Bug Distribution - By Status
2. Bug Distribution - By Importance
3. Bug Distribution - By Milestone
4. Bug Distribution - By Bug owners
5. Bug Distribution - By Fixed-by
6. # of times a file was modified
7. # of lines modified per file

#6 and #7 specifically can be quite useful to identify those modules that can be good targets for unit tests.

Cheers,
Rohit