[Openstack] openstack-satellite

Bryan Taylor btaylor at rackspace.com
Fri Oct 14 19:22:59 UTC 2011

I don't know, but there are several obvious next steps:
  - Document publicly the criteria for a project to fit
  - Identify resources available to participating projects
  - Formalize it with the PPB and unleash it
  - Build the Satellite community

A big question we didn't discuss is what the governance model for
Satellite should be. I don't necessarily think that a contributor to
Satellite should be treated the same as a core contributor (eg: vote on
the PTLs etc). But there may be building blocks within Satellite that
need to be governed on their own.

I think some of the standards around APIs that cut across services are
things that Satellite contributors should have a say in. I definitely
think things like QA and CI matter a lot (perhaps more) to Satellite.