[Openstack] New git-review tool ready for people to try

Trey Morris trey.morris at rackspace.com
Fri Oct 14 16:41:46 UTC 2011

yeah repo is pretty nice. I've been using it in conjunction with regular git
commands. Really though, all these tools do is shorthand a few git commands.
Why not just use the git?

I don't think our official docs should reflect the use of a tool like
git-review; they should describe the entire git process, and point out
alternative tools (git-review, repo, etc) along the way. We shouldn't
require a tool to make our workflow work for us with git, but if you want to
write a tool because you believe it to be more convenient, that's great, use
it and put it in git and show it to people and let them decide if it
improves their workflow.

A doc page with the git commands to manage these things would be awesome so
people know what's actually going on under the covers. Then environments can
be tooled to taste and we'll never have the arguments about things like dot
files in repositories vs git config that creating a single official tool
will inevitably lead to.

-tr3buchet