[Openstack] New git-review tool ready for people to try

Julien Danjou julien.danjou at enovance.com
Fri Oct 14 13:46:22 UTC 2011

On Fri, Oct 14 2011, John Dickinson wrote:

> But it's metadata about the code (a particular review pattern with a
> particular vcs). VCS info does not belong in the code. I'll admit that I
> like a dotfile in the repo much better than I like rfc.sh in the repo, but
> I'd prefer to keep info about remotes, review processes, and other repo
> metadata out of the repo. If this is something for a particular VCS (as the
> proposed git-review is), it should use the established locations for that
> particular VCS. In this case, git-review should pull info from the .git
> directory (more specifically, the git config data).

I understand your statement, but I don't think it is the good thing to
fight for this. You can consider that .gitignore is VCS metadata too.
But it exists everywhere.

Every file is a file particular to a tool used in a project, being
Python, a Makefile, or a Git file. :)

--
Julien Danjou
// eNovance                      http://enovance.com