[Openstack] New git-review tool ready for people to try

John Dickinson me at not.mn
Fri Oct 14 13:39:03 UTC 2011

But it's metadata about the code (a particular review pattern with a particular vcs). VCS info does not belong in the code. I'll admit that I like a dotfile in the repo much better than I like rfc.sh in the repo, but I'd prefer to keep info about remotes, review processes, and other repo metadata out of the repo. If this is something for a particular VCS (as the proposed git-review is), it should use the established locations for that particular VCS. In this case, git-review should pull info from the .git directory (more specifically, the git config data).

--John