[Openstack] New git-review tool ready for people to try

Julien Danjou julien.danjou at enovance.com
Fri Oct 14 10:17:25 UTC 2011

On Thu, Oct 13 2011, Monty Taylor wrote:

> If you'd like to give it a spin, do:
>
>   pip install git-review
>
> And continue using git review to submit changes as usual. There is a
> current outstanding bug (thanks setuptools!) in that man pages do not
> get properly installed when installing via pip ... so git review --help
> will not do the right thing. git-review --help will work though, and
> will show you how to get at some of the features we've added to it.

This sounds like a good idea, but the name is very generic and the code
only related to OpenStack. I am not sure it's a good idea to keep that
name or to write the tool as it is now.

There's a need to have something automated to push things to gerrit. I
think you should rather use git-config to store the URL to the Gerrit
instance so your tool is more generic, for example.

Or don't be generic, but change the name then. :)

--
Julien Danjou
// eNovance                      http://enovance.com