[Openstack] Glance and configuration files handling

Julien Danjou julien.danjou at enovance.com
Tue Oct 11 10:08:00 UTC 2011

Hi there,

As far as I understand, each Glance app uses its own configuration file.
However, it seems to me that it induces a couple of weird things.

Today, I started taking a look on images cache and prefetch stuff, and
bumping my head on the wall because something was not working.
Then I discovered that the variable image_cache_enabled was set to true
in glance-api.conf, but was not set at all in glance-prefetcher.conf,
defaulting to false. The same applies for the reaper and the pruner
AFAICS.

It does not seem really obvious and user friendly to set the same
variable in multiple files, and it even seems kind of dangerous and non
sensical, since you can set conflicting values.

I think that Glance and its different services should only use on file
to be configured, using subsection to configure specific app variable
(service port, host, etc).

WDYT?

--
Julien Danjou