[Openstack] RBAC handled by keystone or each services ?

Kuo Hugo tonytkdk at gmail.com
Wed Oct 5 23:39:17 UTC 2011

Hello folks ,

While playing with Keystone , there's four roles named
[Admin,Member,KeystoneAdmin,KeystoneServiceAdmin].
I'm confusing about that who handles these roles's permission / privileges
.... I mean RBAC include  admin, itsec, projectmanager, netadmin, developer
roles in NOVA but not Admin/Member .
is that handled by keystone or service itself ???

Is there any API to add Roles(also set permission / privileges)?

In my guess , the RBAC still on each service(nova / swift ) , but how NOVA
knows the permission of Role "Admin" ?

--
+Hugo Kuo+
tonytkdk at gmail.com