[Openstack] Cloud Computing StackExchange site proposal

Stefano Maffulli stefano at openstack.org
Wed Nov 30 16:21:43 UTC 2011

On Wed, 2011-11-30 at 10:26 -0300, Alejandro Comisario wrote:
> Today i think there are enough data on launchpad to solve,

When you say 'enough data in launchpad' what do you mean exactly?

> A forum is more than ok also, because
[...]

lets avoid talking about tools. I'd like to understand what features we
want to offer to new users searching for answers to their questions. And
I'd also like to understand what features are important for experts and
developers in order for them to participate in giving answers, when
needed.

> Making posts promoted to FAQS or post becoming GUIDES and going into
> the FAQS, and the search engine suggesting something like [...]

If I understand correctly, you would like to have a system where a
question from a new user can be marked as FAQ and that question, with
the relevant answer can go populate a list of FAQs. Is that what you
have in mind?

> "Ok, if you didnt find your answer, maybe you are having troubles
> because of an implementation or a setup problem, why dont you go to
> the IMPLEMENTATION AND MOST IMPORTANT GUIDES to see if you can improve
> that and fix your real problem ??"

The Documentation and Guides should be the first stop for anybody
looking for answers, right?

/stef