[Openstack] Mailing list archive delay -was- Re: Vulnerability Management concerns: negativity & count

Lloyd Dewolf lloydostack at gmail.com
Thu Nov 24 22:32:04 UTC 2011

On Thu, Nov 24, 2011 at 2:12 PM, Chmouel Boudjnah <chmouel at openstack.org> wrote:
> Hi Llyod,
>
>> Oh man mail-archive.com also has some delay, but not as bad. The
>> message that I'm responding to from you, ttx, isn't there yet either,
>> and I double checked that you didn't directly cc me. We can't win at
>
> I am wondering, why do you need near instant mail archiving if they
> are coming to your mailbox?

Good question.

I think hours behind is pretty far from near instant, but I get your point.

Cool URIs don't change [1] -- hopes reverted to a web developer geek,
but I'm only have kicking.

I want to be able to reference, log, and/or *share* the permalink. My
need is being able to finish. Finish whatever, now, so I free my mind
[2], and move on.

I want to be able to check the status of a thread, or quickly look
what is going on without having to log in to email, publicly.

Aside, if it is working as expected, yuck, then it should display a
message informing about the possible delay. And if I was choosy add
some CSS styling of the header while they are at it.

Thanks for asking,
Lloyd

1. http://www.w3.org/Provider/Style/URI
2. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tIYpvlQP_s Yes, I'm already sorry