[Openstack] openstack.org/security copyedit review -was- Re: Vulnerability Management concerns: negativity & count

Lloyd Dewolf lloydostack at gmail.com
Thu Nov 24 17:32:24 UTC 2011

On Thu, Nov 24, 2011 at 7:30 AM, Thierry Carrez <thierry at openstack.org> wrote:
> Lloyd Dewolf wrote:
>> [...]
>> I do have a couple of serious concerns:
>> [...]
>> Every sentence in the first paragraph is dripping with negativity
>> - "will not give prior notice to their employer"
>> - "not about getting advance notice"
>> - "reduce the disclosure of vulnerability in the early stages"
>
> This page is work in progress policy for the vulnerability management
> team. The more public-oriented contents of the proposed
> openstack.org/security page, as brainstormed by all people that have
> shown interest in security at the last design summit, is here:
>
> http://etherpad.openstack.org/8hWNQwkWf9

I really like what you have there!

There is a little copy editing to be done. Did the doc team have a
chance to review this yet? I'd assume it is a priority for them, and
something they will get to soon?

Either way I'm happy to provide my limited editorial skills, once we
explore possibly changes to the Vulnerability Management team.

Hit me up then if you like,
Lloyd