[Openstack] Nova Reviews!

Vishvananda Ishaya vishvananda at gmail.com
Tue Nov 8 22:04:15 UTC 2011

Hey Nova Core.

It is that time again.  We've fallen behind on reviews.  I know everyone is extremely busy, but we can't make progress on merging patches if we don't have people doing reviews.  Here are the stats on the number of different change sets each person in nova core has reviewed in the past two weeks:

Brian Waldon        57
Sandy Walsh         38
Brian Lamar         37
Paul Voccio         22
Chris Behrens       21
Matt Dietz          18
Mark Washenberger   17
Dan Prince          15
Vish Ishaya         14
Soren Hansen        9
Christopher MacGown 6
Devin Carlen        6
Rick Harris         5
Trey Morris         5
Josh Kearney        2
Joshua McKenty      1
Jesse Andrews       0
Todd Willey         0
Andy Smith          0
Monty Taylor        0

Waldon, thanks for making the rest of us look bad.  I would like to encourage everyone to ramp up the number of reviews.  I think we should do a stat check every two weeks, and I'd like to propose that anyone who has single digit reviews on two consecutive lists is removed from nova-core.  Nova-core has to take the responsibility for trunk code, and we can't do it if core isn't reviewing. Remember it is a responsibility, not a privilege.

We have also had some non-core members helping out with reviews.  I would love to see more of this, especially from the subteams.  Numbers from the past two weeks:

Jenkins             72
Kevin L. Mitchell   20
Johannes Erdfelt    11
Lorin Hochstein     13
Aaron Lee           6
Stanislaw Pitucha   6
Brad Hall           5
Jason Kölker        4
Naveed Massjouni    4
Anne Gentle         4
Asbjørn Sannes      3
joe-gordon0         3

Based on this, I'd like to propose we add Jenkins to nova-core :p.  There are a few people on this list that could definitely be added, so if anyone feels like proposing some of these people for core, please do.

Finally, we have a couple patches that need some review before tomorrow, so dive in:

https://review.openstack.org/#change,976
https://review.openstack.org/#change,916