[Openstack] Does Nova works with several netwoks and VLANs ?

Razique Mahroua razique.mahroua at gmail.com
Sun Nov 6 19:11:56 UTC 2011

Hi Narayan,
thanks for your feedback, It took me hours to figure out,
but thanks to vish, we found out that my fixed_ips tables had a lot of unused IP (with a project_id=NULL)
Thus, the nova-br50.conf (for my vlan50) was empty ; after a quick 'delete from fixed_ips where project_id=NULL' i've been able to run a new network, with it's own VLAN.
So, to your precious advices , I add :
- Are there fixed_ips that are not linked to a project ; if so, 'delete from fixed_ips where project_id=NULL'
- Does a file called nova-br$VLAN-ID.conf is populated with the leases ?
- Check iptables rules (especially the rule for DHCP requests)

Razique