[Openstack] suggestion for data backup/recovery in swift

Rostyslav Slipetskyy rslipetskyy at yahoo.com
Tue May 31 10:54:03 UTC 2011

> The problem is that every version would be stored on the same drives, which is
>gonna screw with storage distribution.

Could you please clarify this?

I understand that drives are selected based on "account/container/object" path
and do not depend on the current storage distribution. So, if versioning is
allowed for each stored file, this will multiply the space requirements, but not
affect the distribution. Am I missing something?

- Rostik

P.S. I couldn't find previous discussion on backup/recovery in mailing list
archives, could you please send me a link if they are available online
somewhere, thanks.