[Openstack] [NetStack] Quantum Service API extension proposal

Debo Dutta (dedutta) dedutta at cisco.com
Tue May 24 15:17:25 UTC 2011

Hi

I think I was unclear. What I meant were having network wire constructs
like a T where there are actually 3 end points and one of the end points
of the T could be in sniff mode or in a bump-in-the-wire mode. I am not
sure how the current API would support these semantics.

Use case: imagine vm A talks to B and one wants to monitor the content
by sniffing and the monitoring agent is in vm C. This is not a uncommon
use case.

Regards
Debo