[Openstack] OpenStack API, Reservation ID's and Num Instances ...

Brian Schott brian.schott at nimbisservices.com
Mon May 23 16:33:46 UTC 2011

Why does getting the instance id require the API to block?  I can create 1 or 1000 UUIDs in order (1) time in the API server and hand back 1000 instance ids in a list of <server> entries in the same amount of time.  I'm more concerned about an external user hitting the API server 1000 times to generate a 1000 instance request, then hitting the API server 1000 more times to check the status until a 1000 instances return "running".  That's a lot of socket connections.

The SeverDetailsResponse isn't a list?  You can't just return:
<server>
</server>
<server>
</server>