[Openstack] Nova not building on SID with python2.7

Thomas Goirand thomas at goirand.fr
Thu May 19 18:45:42 UTC 2011

Hi,

Since SID is using python2.7, there's loads of errors, and building Nova
simply doesn't work. Even the debian/rules clean target fails, not
finding the Eventlet python module. I had to hack a "python2.6 setup.py
clean -a" to make it work. And that is only an example, there's lots of
hacks like that I had to do to build the Debian package in SID. It seems
to only be an issue with building and setup.py, but I'm not so sure of it.

Is that due to the transition to python 2.7 not finished in SID? If that
is the case, I don't get why only Nova is affected, and not Swift and
Glance. What are your thoughts?

Thomas Goirand (zigo)

P.S: I have uploaded Swift, Glance to Debian experimental today, but not
Nova yet, due to this issue (it doesn't build...)