[Openstack] API for remotely controlling nova-manage

Thomas Goirand thomas at goirand.fr
Mon May 9 06:24:08 UTC 2011

On 04/18/2011 02:30 AM, ksankar at doubleclix.net wrote:
> Couple of points:
> a) We do need a North-facing interface that supports headless operation incl
> billing, reporting and so forth
> b) IMHO, REST APIs are better than SOAP interfaces
> c) Also JSON might be a good choice
> d) There are already other cloud APIs available like the vCloud, OCCI et al.
> OCCI might fit your requirements. We really do not want to yet another cloud API
> with it's own programming model, if possible.
> Cheers
> <k/>

I've found the OCCI specs (provided that it isn't the Oregon Coast
Culinary Institute that you were talking about:) ). What I found is
mostly unreadable empty specs, and not adapted to the practical needs I
described, which is simply to grant access to user accounts and Nova
projects.

As for vCloud, this seems to be quite proprietary and bound to VMware.

So, could you be a bit more specific of what you think should be
implemented? I may need to re-read the OCCI PDFs, if you are sure this
address the need I expressed.

Thomas