[Openstack] Blueprints

Vishvananda Ishaya vishvananda at gmail.com
Mon May 9 17:37:09 UTC 2011

Hello Everyone,

I've started targeting blueprints to various milestones.  I am attempting to use launchpad's system to help with the organization of features and teams.  Toward that end, I am taking a few steps.  First, I am obsoleting older blueprints that no longer seem to be applicable or don't seem to have made any progress over the last few months.  Second, I am attempting to assign priority to all of the blueprints that I feel are core to the project.  Third, I'm picking a milestone target for all of these blueprints.

Some of the blueprints are for peripheral features that are being worked on by external teams.  I am leaving the priority of these blueprints as Undefined and I am not targeting them to a particular milestone.  The person or team working on the blueprint is welcome to pick a milestone to target.  I will do my best to keep on top of the schedule for all of the blueprints, but realistically, I will probably have a clearer view of the higher priority core features.

There are a few "housekeeping" blueprints relating to improving tests, pylint scores, etc.  These are general blueprints and they will not be targeted to a specific milestone.

You can keep abreast of the current progress at blueprints.launchpad.net/nova.  Once I finish prioritizing and targeting all of the current blueprints I will send out links to a few specific relevant views so that features can be more easily tracked.  Please let me know if I have accidentally removed or mis-targeted a blueprint that you are interested in.

Thanks,
Vish