[Openstack] Swift PPA's

John Purrier john at openstack.org
Sat May 7 17:45:35 UTC 2011

It's good that we are addressing this now... there are two issues that are
related but separate and will need to be addressed by any OpenStack project.

1)       We need "official" packages and distributions of OpenStack and all
the core projects. These need to be consistent and support all of the
reference platforms, OS versions, etc. These issues are "owned" by Soren
(with help from Monty and other community members).

2)       Folks that consume OpenStack projects and run deployments and
production environments will likely need custom packaging, deployment
scripts, operational models, etc. This is the responsibility of the teams
that are consuming the projects.

For Swift we have not a complete job of separating the packaging between the
Swift development/operations team at Rackspace and the OpenStack project
packagers.

Soren if you can take the lead here and get parity in packaging for nova,
swift, and glance for OpenStack that would be great. Gholt/Notmyname own the
Rackspace specific deployment issues and will maintain the Rackspace Cloud
specific packages.

Thanks,

John