[Openstack] [SPAM] Re: Discussion on October Design Summit Locations

Ed Leafe ed at leafe.com
Wed May 4 23:27:13 UTC 2011

On May 4, 2011, at 6:39 PM, Brian Schott wrote:

> We should also consider the DC area.  There are advantages for folks that depend on federal funding.  Plus, there are also strategic advantages for OpenStack to try to better engage U.S. federal agencies to promote this standard as the open cloud standard.  I'd be happy to help with leg work.

	Several of the first few PyCons were in DC, back when there were only 300 people or so attending. We had them in a building at George Washington University that had a few lecture hall-type rooms, as well as regular meeting rooms. The one downside is that there are no large hotels in the immediate area; most require a 3-4 block walk to the campus.

-- Ed Leafe